Individual addressable manual fire alarm callpoints with:
- Power and data supplied through IDNet addressable communications using a single wire pair
- Enhanced aesthetics
- Designed for fast and easy installation
- Designed for EMI compatibility
- Surface or flush mounting options
- Test key allows the callpoint to be tested without breaking the glass
- Requires a special key to open the callpoint
Activation of the Simplex callpoint requires the glass element to be broken. Completing the action operates a micro-switch whose condition is signaled back to the control panel.
Callpoint reset requires the use of a special key (supplied with the callpoint) to remove the front cover which allows the glass element to be replaced.
Callpoint testing is performed by inserting the key fully into the bottom of the housing and pulling down, this releases the bottom of the housing and break glass element. To reset the callpoint, the bottom of the housing is pushed upwards until it locks in position.
Refer to NFPA 72, the National Fire Alarm Code, and all applicable local codes for complete requirements for manual callpoints. The following
summarizes the basic requirements:
- Callpoints shall be located in the normal path of exit and distributed in the protected area such that they are unobstructed and readily accessible.
- Mounting shall be with the operable part not less than 3 1/2 ft (1.1 m) and not more than 4 1/2 ft (1.37 m) above floor level.
- At least one callpoint shall be provided on each floor. Additional callpoints shall be provided to obtain a travel distance not more than 200 ft (61m) to the nearest callpoint from any part of the building.
- When manual callpoint coverage appears limited in any way, additional callpoints should be installed.