Signal IAMs provide additional selective signaling for Simplex® 4007ES, 4008, 4010ES, 4100ES, and 4100U Series fire alarm control panels:
- Signal output notification appliance circuit (NAC) wiring is supervised and connected to the signal input under IDNet communications control
- NAC output is rated 0.5 A for Special Application or Regulated 24 VDC Appliances, or for audio operation (12.5 W @ 25 VRMS, 35 W @ 70.7 VRMS); and can be wired Class B or Class A; see additional information on page 2, specifications section
- Signal coding of horn/strobe control, strobe synchronization, or other coding is provided by the signal input; coding at the Signal IAM via IDNet addressable communications is not supported
- 4100U compatibility requires Software Revision 11.11.01 or higher
- Signal IAMs are not compatible with 4010 fire alarm control panels IDNet communications
- Relay contacts isolate signal inputs from outputs during supervision and do not monitor signal presence; signal inputs sources will need to be monitored separately
- During supervision, signal outputs are isolated from signal inputs by open contacts allowing consideration for use with SCIF applications (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities)
- Signal IAM operation is powered and supervised by the IDNet addressable communications loop – separate 24 VDC is not required for the IAM – separate signal power is required for the on-board NAC
- Signal IAM communications use a single physical address; however, each Signal IAM reduces the IDNet loop capacity by two addresses to accommodate the extra power required for output NAC supervision
- Mounts in standard 4” square electrical box
- Visible LED flashes to indicate communications
- Optional covers are available to allow LED to be viewed after installation
- Screw terminals for wiring connections
UL Listed to Standard 864
* This product has been approved by the California State Fire Marshal (CSFM) pursuant to Section 13144.1 of the California Health and Safety Code. See CSFM Listings 7300-0026:319, 7165-0026:251, 7165-0026:318, and 7170-0026:250 for allowable values and/or conditions concerning material presented in this document. Additional listings may be applicable, contact your local Simplex product supplier for the latest status. Listings and approvals under Simplex Time Recorder Co. are the property of Tyco Fire Protection Products.
Selective Signaling. Use Signal IAMs to provide additional local area notification zones per applicable version of NFPA 72 (the National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code), local codes and system requirements.
General Signaling. Use Signal IAMs to connect to higher current appliances (rated output is 0.5 A). For retrofit of Class B NAC wiring, where only two wires are available, in/out connections can be made at the Signal IAM maintaining appliance wiring supervision per applicable version of NFPA 72 and local codes .
NOTE: Signal IAM operation is programmed at the fire alarm control panel per system requirements.
Wire Signal IAMS with both IDNet communications and signal/NAC input to the latest requirements of UL 864, and to NFPA 72 per local code. Please refer to the diagram on page 3 for additional information.